Despite the importance and ever-growing use of social media, email is still king when it comes to drawing in prospects. Here are a few best practices:
1) DO experiment with send times.
According to social media scientist Dan Zarrella, e-mail sent between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. has the highest click-through rate. However, don’t make the mistake of thinking this will work across all industries. Experiment with send times by splitting your send times among segments of your CRM. You can set up a free CRM through Inslightly.
2) DO be consistent.
People are creatures of habits. If a prospect is attracted to your content, reward them by sending them material on a scheduled basis.
3) DO segment according to prospect behavior.
Would you talk to a prospect interested in your business the same way you would someone who is passive about your services? Of course not. The same mindset should be applied to email marketing. If someone has clicked through your email links on a consistent basis, don’t be afraid to send them a special offer. This kind of market segmentation can easily be managed through MailChimp.
4) DO put your logo in the upper left-hand side of your email.
The left-hand corner is where our eyes are trained to look first. Make sure to put your company logo there. If that’s not possible, default it as the banner of your HTML email template.
5) DO include a call to action.
A call of action will help you track real prospects from those who simply opened your email and moved on.
6) DO keep it short and sweet.
This is especially important for B2B consumers.
7) DON’T use spam words
8) DON’T send HTML emails larger than 500 pixels wide
Emails should to be easily read on all mobile devices. The iPhone 5 has a physical pixel resolution of 1136 x 640, which is pretty generous for a smart phone. Play it safe and keep your HTML emails no larger than 500 pixels wide.
9) DON’T send without making a personal introduction first.
No one likes spam.
10) DON’T send without testing your email template first.
Common sense here.
Facts about email marketing, according to Madison Logic, a leading provider in online lead generation research:
- B2B Industry Standards for Email
- Open rate: 11-15%
- Click-through rate: 2.1% to 5%
- Unsubscribe: 0.11% – 0.2%
- Subject lines with more capital letters yield higher results.
- Shorter subject lines yield higher results.
- Subject lines and content with questions spike interest and call-to-action responsiveness.
- Users are 22% more likely to open a email when addressed by their first name.
How Evielutions Design helps:
Evielutions Design specializes in integrating custom call-to-action forms on websites that can be used to increase follow-up marketing efforts and client conversion. Evielutions Design also designs graphic HTML email templates and digital brochures for clients to compliment their email marketing efforts.
Contact us at 832.779.3843 for more information.